Tuesday, June 10, 2008

From Myrfabru

I was 17 years old when I had my first perm. My mother forced me into it because I looked way younger than my age. I hated washing my permed hair because it felt weird. So, nine months later I cut my hair to fro. It looked pretty cute. A year later, I had another perm because my dad threatened not to let me go to church with my natural hair. I kept yoyoing between going natural and peming until 2001 when I had my last perm. I had a texturizer in 2004, that was a disaster. Since then, I have not experimented with chemicals. I try quite a few styles: extensions, cornrow, twists. I stay away from the fro as much as possible because it makes me look like a lollipop. Lately, I have been using organic instead of mineral oils. They smell good, and my hair loves it. I also search the internet for ideas. What people think about my hair, I don't know. And I don't care because I am comfortable with who I am whether people like it or not. Until next time,

Myrfabru

No comments: